Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women's cycling

3 posters

Go down

Women's cycling Empty Women's cycling

Post  Nik Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi,
On Thursday 23rd August there will be a women's cycling evening on at the Bike Shed between 6pm and 8pm. It is for female cyclists of all abilities, those who have a bike they haven't used for years and those who would like to have a go but don't yet cycle. There will be a chance to see women's kit and talk to other female cyclists. I will also be promoting the Breeze bike rides which is an initiative by British Cycling to get more women out on bikes. I have just got my ride leader qualification so I will be holding rides for all abilities ( and I mean ALL abilities). So if you know anyone who would like to cycle but feels nervous or doesn't want to go out on their own or if you know other women who are more experienced who would like to get together for social and training rides come along to the evening to find out more.

Nik

Back to top Go down

Women's cycling Empty Re: Women's cycling

Post  karen Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:57 am

Sounds good, Nik. There have been a few new ETC female members asking about group rides.

I can't make Thursdays as it clashes with Middlemoor swim sessions, but would be interested in daytime rides, or maybe weekend afternoons.

Are you going to be doing some ETC rides too?

karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:15 am

It has to be Thursday as that's when the shop is open late. The first rides I do will be aimed at complete beginners (50% of my rides have to be as part of the deal of getting free training and being part of the Breeze Network) so that will be women who have never been out and maybe even their kids and up and down the quay/canal cycle path (1-10 miles) with a coffee stop at the end. Hopefully I will also get some who want to go on longer more challenging rides and then I will invite some of the tri club. Problem I have is that to go on the road as a ride leader I really need a second ride leader. I can take up to 7 out as a level 2 tri coach but they must be experienced. I just have to remember which hat I'm wearing!

Nik

Back to top Go down

Post  catcannon Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 am

Hi Nik,
That sounds like a great evening, well done. I'll try to remember to come along and will mention it to a few new cyclists I know. If there is any way I can help out do let me know - I am a qualified National Standard cycle instructor (Bikeability) & I worked as a cycle instructor for Devon County for a while.
Catherine

catcannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down