JUNIOR SWIM TRAINING now starting! - Finally!

Go down

JUNIOR SWIM TRAINING now starting! - Finally!

Post  karen on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:17 am

Junior Swim Training

will start on

Saturday, 6th April, 2013, 4.30-5.30pm

at Northbrook Swimming Pool,
Beacon Lane, Exeter EX4 8LZ

Entry requirements:

• Juniors should be Exeter Tri Club members, age 8-13 yrs (at 31.12.13)
• Must be able to swim at least 50 metres frontcrawl, and be confident in deep water.
• If you have achieved NTP Level 6 this would be an advantage, but not essential.
Please note: We ask that all swimmers are able to complete a 50m swim for their own safety and enjoyment as these sessions are not “swimming lessons” but are triathlon-specific training workouts.

Swimmers will be allocated a lane which best suits their ability. The sessions are designed and aimed at developing our young athletes. Each swim session will include a warm up, a main set and a swim down.

What do you need to bring?

• Swim trunks/costume (one-piece for girls, trunks or swim shorts for boys (not baggy shorts please!)
• Goggles
• Towel
• Swim cap: Required for those with long hair, and anyone else who wants to look the biz! (ETC quality silicone hats £3.50)
• Training aids: Pull buoy, kickboard, training fins
• Drink in non-breakable sports bottle
• £2 session fee

Note: ETC get a 20% discount at Swimshop, and I place an order every couple of months. If you require anything let me know. www.swimshop.co.uk

When You Arrive

• Arrive early - at least 10 minutes before the start of the session
• Shower and go to the toilet before entering the swimming pool.
• Do not run on pool side.
• Swimmers with long hair need to wear a swim cap
• Remove all jewellery before entering the pool.
• If you arrive late speak to the coach before joining in the session.

A few rules:

• Payment of £2 per session should be made to Coach (or rep) BEFORE swimming
• Do not enter water until told to do so by coach
• Observe and abide by pool rules
• Lane etiquette should be adhered to
• Long hair tied back and swimmer should wear swim hat
• No jewellery

Parents

You are welcome to spectate from the benches at the side of pool, but we kindly request that you leave the coaching to the coaches! We like to encourage our swimmers to be independent, and expect them to come prepared with all they require for the session. We will be more than happy to talk to you after the session if you wish. Alternatively, why not have a swim in the spare lane, if space allows?! If you are leaving the premises, please make sure we have the correct emergency contact number. Thank you.

Coaches

All our coaches are BTF Level 1 tri/ASA Level 1 swim coaches or above, CRB checked and are willing & qualified volunteers who are themselves members of Exeter Tri Club.

If you have any questions you can e:mail me on karengutans@orange.net.

Karen Gutans
ASA Level 3 Swim Coach/BTF Level 1 Coach
Exeter Triathlon Club

Last edited by karen on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JUNIOR SWIM TRAINING now starting! - Finally!

Post  karen on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:18 am

Just a quick reminder that our new junior tri-specific swim training sessions begin THIS Saturday! Many of you have already contacted me to register your interest, which is fantastic, and I look forward to meeting you this Saturday.

The swim sessions are open to all of our junior tri club members. If you have siblings who may also be interested (8-13 yrs) and they can swim 50 metres of front crawl, they are welcome to come along for a trial and to see what they think. All swimmers must then become ETC members (details on our website at www.exetertri.co.uk), and should be interested in competing in triathlons/multi-sport.

Please note that the swim sessions will commence at 4.30pm prompt, so swimmers should arrive poolside approx 10 mins before to register and prepare for the session.

At the first session I will be going through transitions for those who are taking part in the Middlemoor Aquathlon the following day. Swimmers can bring their transition gear if they wish, although I will have an example of what they will need and will explain what they should do.

Please see the information in the post above regarding the swim sessions, and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at our new and exciting swim sessions!

Karen
karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Well done to everyone who came. Karen was really impressed with the standard of swimming. Sorry we had to cut things a bit short, not our fault! We look forward to seeing lots of you next Saturday for a full training session, Nik

Nik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down