Middlemoor Training - THURSDAYS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Middlemoor Training - THURSDAYS

Post  karen on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:08 am

There were a few complaints this evening from some of the parents watching their children swim at the ECSC session before ours. They were a bit taken aback by all the fit triathletes appearing on poolside before their session had finished. They were unable to see their child swim, or hear the coach (funny coz I can hear the coach from the changing rooms!). They were also concerned about their children being in the changing rooms with adults (triathletes) who may not be CRB checked.

As far as I can see, we can't win! If we wait in the changing rooms, the children will come in and be potentionally 'at risk' if the adults are in there; if we wait on poolside, we disturb their session!

Middlemoor have asked people not to congregate in the corridor as they disturb the workers in the offices, however, I don't think there are many police personnel working in the offices at 7.30/8pm so we are probably ok there.

I suggest that we wait quietly in the corridor, and ensure we leave space for people to walk up/down the corridor; and that we only go on poolside just a few minutes before 8pm, and wait as quietly as possible, back by the wall and away from the edge of the pool. I can't think of any other way of pleasing everyone!

ECSC are suggesting the parents wait elsewhere (eg: in their cars), or if they do come in, they could sit at the deep end, or on the opposite side from where we wait.

Hopefully this will then resolve the issues for everyone.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Karen
karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top