Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeJog - Penny's adventure!

Go down

LeJog - Penny's adventure! Empty LeJog - Penny's adventure!

Post  karen Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:27 am

ETC Member, Penny Clapham, is well on her way to John O'Groats, having set off from Lands End on Sunday 7th July. She has never undertaken anything like this before and has trained hard to complete this gruelling ride. Here are some reports she has sent back via Facebook and text:

10th July:
Penny is now on her 4th day of LeJog and suffering a bit from the heat!! Probably misses doing all the household chores and being hassaled by spaniels and husband!

11 July:
At last have managed to log in on the phone. Five days done now and a total of 335 miles and numerous hours in the saddle. Its really hard and hot with some incredible hills , country lanes some main roads too. Now in Shrewsbury, clean, bike parked in the room! More of the same tomorrow. Thank you all of you for all the good wishes. It really helps. Xx

12 July:
Hello all. Never thought I would think only 10 (miles) to go, especially as clock reading 60! Any thought of calories out the window. Cake, ice cream, tea, almost any food will do. Now at Leigh. Seems such a long way from the start. 6 days in and still able to sit on bike. Palms of hands hurt the most so planning to buy thick plasters. Off to Kendal Saturday. Hmmm, hot and hard me thinks.

15 July:
Made it to Scotland, just! The hot weather means slower travelling so longer on the bike each day. Hopefully tomorrow will be riding alongside Loch Lomond, yon bonnie banks etc maybe a little more time for sight seeing. Wish me well folks.

18 July:
Just about to start last very long day over some huge hills as we head to Inverness, which will be half way! Blister plasters on hands. sore legs but hey nearly there now. Eat loads. Not a healthy one as get very hungry. Overcast but still dry and quite warm. Do not think I will be doing this again.

Penny is due to finish her cycle on Saturday (20th July). I think this is a terrific achievement for one of our more mature (hope she won't mind me saying that!), and relatively new triathletes.

Penny is raising money for Nightstop Devon. Details can be found at: http://www.bmycharity.com/pennyslejogchallenge. Please support her if you feel able. Thank you.
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

LeJog - Penny's adventure! Empty Re: LeJog - Penny's adventure!

Post  karen Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:55 am

Penny did it! cheers 

She arrived on Saturday 20th July, and said it was very hot! She thanks everyone for their support, and is now having a well earnt few days rest in the Orkneys.

Well done, Penny! Absolutely fantastic achievement! bounce

Posted today on FB, 26.7.13:
Finished LEJOG and home again - yippee. All in one piece too. Hands are mending nicely - no more blisters. Hope I have raised loads of dosh - will find out soon............... Thank you everyone for all your support; it was a huge help.
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum