Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter Tri Club Aquathlons 2010

+4
StuP
karen
Pinky
roger
8 posters

Go down

Exeter Tri Club Aquathlons 2010 Empty Exeter Tri Club Aquathlons 2010

Post  roger Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 am

Entries are now open for the 2010 races, there will be four events as last year at Dawlish, Exmouth, Sidmouth and Middlemoor Exeter, the Tri Start and Tri Stars will be racing at Middlemoor, on line and postal entries are available on our website.

We will require asssistance for each of the races and we ask that each club member helps out on at least one race, you can still take part in the racing by pairing up with someone else who wants to race as well, if you want to do this, please let me know in advance and I can place you in separate waves.

If anyone have a friend or relative who would like to volunteer to help as well, that would be really appreciated.

The more people that offer to help, the easier it is to run the races well and it means we can all get away in good time after the event.

We will require help with Race Briefing, Referee, Drinks, Swim Counters, Run Marshalls and Finish Line Timekeepers, we are lucky at Dawlish because ( hopefully ) Dawlish Swimming Club and Dawlish Coasters provide most of the marshalls, but we will still need 8 volunteers from Exeter Tri, at Exmouth we will require 14, Sidmouth 16 and Middlemoor 18, so please check your diaries and let me know which one(s)

If anyone has any comments on last years races which could help to improve the way we run this years races, I'd be pleased to hear from you, if the people taking part enjoy the event, it reflects well on our club which helps to keep the number of entries up, and we all benefit from that.

Roger
roger@rbrewer.co.uk

roger

Back to top Go down

Exeter Tri Club Aquathlons 2010 Empty Re: Exeter Tri Club Aquathlons 2010

Post  Pinky Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:56 am

Hi Roger

Would you be able to note down the dates of each event on here? I'm hoping I could help out at at least one of those.

Amanda

Pinky

Back to top Go down

Exeter Tri Club Aquathlons 2010 Empty Aquathons

Post  karen Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:04 am

I've found the dates of the series, but can't find any other details (except the entry form). How far is the swim/run for Novices, and how far for Standard?

Thanks,

Karen
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  StuP Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Roger

I am happy to help out at both the Exmouth and Sidmouth events, happy to do anything i.e marshalling, lane counting etc

Stu
StuP
StuP

Back to top Go down

Exeter Tri Club Aquathlons 2010 Empty Aquathons

Post  nicky.quant Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:05 am

Hi Roger

Happy to help you with all the Aquathons.

Cheers

Nicky Q

nicky.quant

Back to top Go down

Post  Catherine Hilton Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:52 am

Thanks to those offering to help out at the Aquathlons. Thats great.
I will be sending out an email to ALL members in the next couple of weeks asking everyone to volunteer for one ( or more ) events. we have 120 people on our email list now so if everyone helped out just once then there would be more than enough marshals.
Many thanks
Catherine

Catherine Hilton

Back to top Go down

Post  roger Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:17 am

Thank's everyone, that's a great start, Amanda,the dates of the four events are listed on our home page, Dawlish 21/2/10, Exmouth 14/3/10, Sidmouth 11/4/10 and Exeter Middlemoor 25/4/10

Karen, the race distances are 600m swim or 300m swim for novice swimmers, the run distance is the same, 5k, all the runs are more or less flat, you should see all the details on the paper entry form, if it's not downloading for any reason, could you let me know please? it would be good to see you there,

Roger
07715 479418

roger

Back to top Go down

Exeter Tri Club Aquathlons 2010 Empty aquathons

Post  karen Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks, Roger.

The swim wouldn't be a problem, but I've only just started running and am still at the 2-3 mins jog/walk stage! 5k sounds an awfully long way at the moment!!!

I may just help next year and get a feel for it all first!

Karenx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  andygates Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:07 pm

I'll happily marshall. Can't do much more since I kablooied a knee last month...

andygates

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Philp Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 am

I'm happy to help out, I might have to bring my kids though, so if you have a child friendly job, that would help Smile

alien bounce alien bounce alien bounce alien bounce alien bounce albino
Kate Philp
Kate Philp

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:13 am

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Roger and all the Team for putting on such a great Aquathlon Series.

It was my first, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well organised. Great fun. Friendly. Perfect!

Even got my daughter to take part in the M/moor one and she said afterwards how lovely all my tri friends are! And she's right, and that's why I'm doing it too!

Thank you everyone! Had a great time! Roll on next year!

Karenx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down