Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3.8k Open Water swim Series

Go down

3.8k Open Water swim Series Empty 3.8k Open Water swim Series

Post  Pinky Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:06 pm

If people are looking for a well run, minimal fuss, high quality field swimming event to put in their calendars for next year then I can highly recommend the one I took part in last Sunday at South Cerney. It was a 2.4 mile open water event, lake swim.

The registration process was quick, the race briefing was.... brief! and to the point, the facilities were spot on, and the atmosphere friendly. You got to keep your swimming hat (not that I need yet another ..... Rolling Eyes ) and there was cake, drinks and cereal bars for all finishers. What more could you want!

The last swimmer to exit the water finished in just over 1hr 35, but I was told there was no cut off time, so no reason why anyone couldn't give these events a go!

There are a series of them, run by Votwo, the aqua sphere long swim distance events on their web site. They are £25 to enter, which I think is extremely good value when you compare this to other open water swimming events on offer.

I came in as 13th senior lady in 1 hour 7 minutes, which I was pretty pleased with. Smile

Pinky

Back to top Go down