Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter Tri Kids

2 posters

Go down

Exeter Tri Kids Empty Exeter Tri Kids

Post  Nik Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:28 pm

If you have looked at the website and Yahoo group recently you will know that I am setting up some training sessions for 8-16 year olds who are interested in triathlon. First session will hopefully be on Friday 6th March, 5pm at the track. Anyone interested or with any questions can contact me directly on swimbikerun@blueyonder.co.uk or post on here.

Nik

Back to top Go down

Exeter Tri Kids Empty Re: Exeter Tri Kids

Post  Nik Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:36 am

If anyone knows how to contact Paul Hammond re: kids for next Friday could they let me know please. There is a list of interested kids somewhere and it's proving a little harder to get hold of than I had first anticipated!

Nik

Back to top Go down

Post  roger Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:31 pm

Here's Pauls's number again 07828993733

roger

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:11 am

We had our first session on Friday. I had 5 between the ages of 6 and 15 (although 2 were mine!). Paul turned up later with his son. Everyone seemed to enjoy the session. Hopefully as I get more publicity sorted out numbers will grow and I can increase the frequency of the sessions. I plan to have some bike skills and bike/run sessions as the weather gets better, my initial plans are to hold them on the Flowerpots fields by the skate park. There's loads of grass space plus a tarmac circuit of about 500m so it will be ideal. If things go to plan we should have the makings of a decent junior section by the summer. If anyone else has any thoughts or suggestions please let me know. Plus pass on the word to any budding triathletes. They don't need to compete just come and train for fun and fitness.

Nik

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 am

Next session this Friday!

Nik

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:56 am

Second session of tri kids was this Friday. We had 9 from 6 years old to 15. Also have had promises of a few more and have picked up a few more contacts.

Nik

Back to top Go down

Post  Nik Sun May 24, 2009 12:31 am

Article in Express and Echo today. A good advert for the club, apart from me being quoted out of context (I'm sure you can spot where). Hopefully we will get some more members. Next session is 5th June and bikes are needed (mountain as we are on grass). We'll discuss transition and do some bike/run. Cost from June will be £1 for non-members and 50p for members (kids that is not their parents). Junior membership is £10.

Nik

Back to top Go down

Exeter Tri Kids Empty Facebook group

Post  Nik Sun May 24, 2009 5:29 am

I have now set up a Facebook group for the juniors. Anyone welcome to post and join it's called Exeter Tri Club Juniors

Nik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down