Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No stupidly expensive kit needed for this world champ!

2 posters

Go down

No stupidly expensive kit needed for this world champ! Empty No stupidly expensive kit needed for this world champ!

Post  Pinky Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Just in case anyone missed it Jodie Swallow become World 70.3 Champ in Florida at the weekend.....

Did she have disc wheels? Or anything special? No! Training wheels were good enough for her....

Did she have an extravagantly expensive time trial bike? No! Standard road bike, with clip on tri bars was good enough for her to take the lead and never relinquish it...

(Some of the male pros she passed did a double take - their faces were priceless!)

Did she have an aero helmet? No! Just your standard roadie edition....

Basic, no gadgets, just sheer woman power - she sure dished out the pain to her fellow competitors.

So what I'm trying to say? Triathlon can be a very expensive sport, always something else to 'really need', that'll 'make me faster', but at the end of the day its the machine that climbs on the bike that matters, not the machine you ride... it's been proven by a world champion.

Happy triathlon training people! Laughing

Pinky

Back to top Go down

No stupidly expensive kit needed for this world champ! Empty All the gear......

Post  SPrice Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:30 am

Yes but if you're really slow and have all the latest gear on then spectators can admire it as you go past!

It works for me.....

SPrice

Back to top Go down