Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Force Century Cycle Challenge

3 posters

Go down

Force Century Cycle Challenge Empty Force Century Cycle Challenge

Post  karen Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:05 am

In a moment of madness Mike and I entered the Force Century Cycle Challenge, and on 26 June we're cycling 100 miles to raise money for Force. It took us 4 hrs to do 45 miles this week, so it's going to be a long day on 26th! I may not be in any fit state to coach on the Monday! PLEASE help us to help those affected by cancer. This is no easy challenge (for me and Mike anyway!), so if you can spare a few pennies it would be very much appreciated. Please visit www.justgiving.com/karengutansforce.

Many thanks,

Karenx

PS: I can make the swim sets harder/easier depending on the response I get for sponsorship Twisted Evil !!!
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Force Century Cycle Challenge Empty Re: Force Century Cycle Challenge

Post  kajenner Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:26 am

Good luck.. i did it last year and it was really hot! Its dead easy til Dulverton then seriously hilly for two stops to s.molton then really easy back home! They do the best ever refreshment stops / checkpoint ever... home made rolls and sooo many yummy cakes ....
Have fun! Keri Very Happy

kajenner

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:06 am

100 miles in 6 hrs 52 (7 hrs 40 with stops). That was THE HARDEST thing I've ever done. Physically and mentally challenging. Very tough ride and very hot. Glad it's over, and very pleased to have raised over £300 so far. PLEASE keep the donations coming - that was such a tough ride and I was fighting back the tears at times, whilst trying to focus on why I was doing it. www.justgiving.com/karengutansforce.

Many thanks.
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  alan fewings Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:54 pm

well done Karen . it's a long old time out there cycling let alone the heat . i along with many others from the club did the datmoor classic ( 106 miles ) and yes it is tough

alan fewings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down