Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Bike Time Trials

Go down

Sunday Bike Time Trials Empty Sunday Bike Time Trials

Post  jamesp Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 am

A message from one of the club's BTF Coaches - Terry Windeatt .....

"Anyone interested in doing a hill climb time trial up Mamhead once a month. If you are anything like me, poor cyclist, lack motivation during the winter months, then hopefully this will give some form of keeping the legs and wheels turning over. The format is this :-

1. Meet at Starcross car park ( by railway station ) with view of leaving at 0930hrs sharp to cycle to the foot of Mamhead, about an easy 20min cycle and warmup.
2. Get ready by the cross roads at the bottom of Mamhead to start at 1000hrs sharp.
3. The ride is up the Mamhead hill and continue along to where the road forks right ( for Exeter ) and finish in the layby just before the bridge over the A380.
4. We can then go to the Cafe at the finish ( the grill on the hill ) and have a moan about the poor times, or that there must be better ways of spending a Sunday morning etc
5. Then go home.

The rides will be on THE FIRST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH, the first one being on :- Sunday 6th November.

If the weather conditions are such that to ride up Mamhead would be precarious, then we can still meet at Starcross and do a timed lap around Powderham etc.

My idea is that once you have done a time, on the following rides you will set off on a sort of handicap, slowest through to the fastest so that we should all finish around about the same time. It should also provide some form of motivation when your tired having other cyclists around you, pushing you to the finish.

Don't worry about having to let me know. I'm away on holiday for the last 2 weeks of October. Just turn up at Starcross on the 6th November and I will take it from there. If no one is interested, no problem, as I will be doing it anyway !!!!!!!!!!! I imagine the timed ride will take about 25mins, start to finish

Terry"
jamesp
jamesp

Back to top Go down

Sunday Bike Time Trials Empty Re: Sunday Bike Time Trials

Post  jamesp Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:50 am

Here is confirmation of the dates for the Hill Climbs. Terry has had to change a couple of Sundays for hopefully obvious reasons.

4th Dec.
8th January - the 1st is New Years day & Bank Holiday weekend, so you have a weeks grace to burn off the alcohol !!
12th February - the 5th is our own Aquathon at Dawlish
4th March
1st April
6th May
3rd June

A message from Terry...
"Well done to those that came last time. There is a huge difference in abilities, from me - breathing from every orifice? trying to get oxygen, to those who cycle uphill quicker than I usually go downhill. So for those of you who maybe sitting on the fence - don't worry, we have all abilities doing it so come and have a go.

Just to reiterate, we meet at Starcross car park ( by railway station ) to leave at 9.30 to do a gentle cycle to the start."
jamesp
jamesp

Back to top Go down