Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exmoor 30:30 - new event

Go down

Exmoor 30:30 - new event Empty Exmoor 30:30 - new event

Post  Exmoor3030organiser Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Hello All

My name is Henry and I am organising a new event called Exmoor 30:30 which we plan holding on the first Saturday in October each year. (October 3rd for this inaugural year.)

The event requires teams of 5 to carry 30lbs around 30miles of Exmoor (ie 150lbs in total). Each team must support one of the following 4 charities:

- Royal British Legion
- St John Ambulance
- Army Benevolent Fund
- Help For Heroes

It is basically an event being run by soldiers for soldiers. We are expecting teams of serving soldiers to enter and I hope you don't mind me using your club forum to see whether there might be any interest either in Exeter Tri entering a team or a member raising a team with non-member friends.

It is not a men-only event. The requirement is for each team to carry 150lbs at all times in total...clearly this means that the weight can be spread around between the team's 'monsters' and those with a slighter build. (In my experience, it is often the women who will make the best navigation decision in a pea-souper after 25 miles.)

The event is attracting widespread senior support from within the military, it will be well managed and it will be good fun (I promise). Free meal for all competitors at the prizegiving on the Saturday evening.

More details at www.exmoor3030.org.uk

Many thanks for allowing me to mention the event on your site.

Regards
Henry Gordon Clark
Trustee, Exmoor 30:30

Exmoor3030organiser

Back to top Go down