Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which wetsuit?

2 posters

Go down

Which wetsuit? Empty Which wetsuit?

Post  SPrice Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Has anyone done any research into wetsuits recently? I'm looking into buying a new suit and there are masses on the market to choose from so any advice would be appreciated. The 2XU C:1 looks like a good suit but then all manufacturers do a similar priced/spec so its all a bit confusing! It would be great to try them all out before buying.

Thanks Steve

SPrice

Back to top Go down

Which wetsuit? Empty WHICH WETSUIT?????????

Post  Ged Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:23 am

Yes I agree, there are so many suits on the market at the moment with each manufacturer claiming that there's is the fastest, most flexible etc...
The last time I changed mine (only the second suit I've owned) I went from a "Pro Motion" to a more well known brand "Foor Synflex" and it was like night & day.
But to be honest I'm pretty sure that was down to price, the Pro Motion being purchased (in Canada, probably made of moose skin or the like!!!) in 2003, technology having progressed some what.
The Synflex also being a £300 suit, (I got mine 50% off Tri UK last yrs model) you definatly get more flexibility the higher up the price range you go, a trade off for this is they are also thinner & so less boyant. Which isn't so much a problem for better swimmers (so they say) I'm not what I'd call an efficent pool swimmer but my Synflex feels great in the open water. soooo flexible......
This is the second season I've used it and it still looks good, but I do look after my kit. Always rinse after each swim (salt/fresh) and give it a rub down once a month with "Armour all" and keep the old vasaline well away.
But unless you get a deal this £300 suit which I see is now selling for £450!! on TRI_UK's site is quite a sum for just a wet suit.....
One of the Tri mags did a wetsuit test recently and the" Foor Quantum 2.4" came out tops with a fantastic score. I think the last time I saw Stu Veen he had one of these on. If I were to buy another suit I'd go for the 2.4
Ged
Ged

Back to top Go down

Which wetsuit? Empty Foor Quantum 2.4

Post  Ged Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 am

Steve,

Further more to my last waffle, I see the Quantum 2.4 suit is on sale at TRI UK £349 reduced to £250.........not a bad deal. You could even toddle on up and have a swim in their endless pool.

Happy hunting Laughing
Ged
Ged

Back to top Go down

Which wetsuit? Empty Wetsuits

Post  SPrice Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:38 am

Thanks Ged. I note that the latest Quantum got a great review. I am currently using a 2005/6 version of the Quantum which is fairly thick neoprene, proving your point as it is buoyant but not hugely flexible. I am suffering a bit in the open water swims and I suspect the restriction in the shoulders isn't helping!

SPrice

Back to top Go down

Which wetsuit? Empty Re: Which wetsuit?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down