Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Season in Tri

3 posters

Go down

First Season in Tri Empty First Season in Tri

Post  karen Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Just completed my 5th and final triathlon, the Weymouth Classic, at the end of my first season in Triathlon Very Happy ! From Novice, through 3 x Sprints (2 lake, 1 river), then finishing with 1 x Olympic Distance (sea). I've had a fantastic first season in tri!

Thank you to everyone at Exeter Tri Club for all the help, support and encouragement you have given me, I couldn't have done it without you! Special thanks to James and Nicky for coming with me and supporting me all season, and Rob for his valuable coaching advice, as well as everyone at the Club who has shown an interest and offered help and advice. What a great Club you are! Oh, and I shouldn't forget my lovely husband, Mike, who's come out running and cycling with me, and then eventually got swept along by my enthusiasm and did his first tri in the Cotswolds in September! This sport is infectious! Love it!

I'm sad this season's over, but looking forward to training through the winter and getting fitter and faster for next years races!

Thanks everyone!

Karenx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

First Season in Tri Empty 1st Season

Post  andy evans1 Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:04 am

Well done Karen. Good to have you on-board. Next stop Iron Man?

Andy
andy evans1
andy evans1

Back to top Go down

First Season in Tri Empty Re: First Season in Tri

Post  karen Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:55 am

Ironman 70.3 first, then who knows!
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

First Season in Tri Empty Another one joins the ranks

Post  SPrice Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:08 am

Are you sure you haven't competedtri before you weren't that far behind me at Bideford. You also managed to complete it which means technically you beat me as i dropped out!

Welcome aboard!

Steve

SPrice

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:16 am

LOL, Steve! I wasn't that far behind coz I do ok in swim, but go downhill fast after that! It helped (me!) that your chain came off, otherwise I'd never have been anywhere near you!

Thanks for the kind comments though, means a lot to have support from the Club and all you 'experienced' triathletes!

Roll on next season!

Kx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down