Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Aid Course

Go down

First Aid Course Empty First Aid Course

Post  mikey Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:14 am

Following discussion with Rob I am intending to run a 1 day first aid course (or two eves) at Middlemoor. We feel it will enhance the safety aspect of running the club and at least a selection of you will be prepared in the event of a bike, water or collapse type scenario.

The course will be run under an HSE licence and a certificate will be provided. This course will be open to all and coaches are especailly encouraged to come along. The sort of areas we will cover are;

Dealing with a medical emergancy ( ie cyclist V car,collapse runner on the track,broken finger in the swimming pool ! )

Latest CPR protocols
Bleeding
Shock
Spinal injuries
Heart conditions
Drowning
and a few others

The club will assist with a bit of the cost but there will be a small fee to cover the certificates and classroom hire (£20 max per person). I would hope to set a date soon so if you are intersted let me know via email ( michaelgriffin@britishtriathlon.org) with a preference as to one day at the weekend or two eves.

Mike

mikey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum