Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 HOUR SWIM - Plymouth Lido

Go down

24 HOUR SWIM - Plymouth Lido Empty 24 HOUR SWIM - Plymouth Lido

Post  karen Sun May 01, 2011 6:21 am

Message to Exeter Tri Club:

I am involved in a bid to raise £30,000 for a hydrotherapy pool at my new school in Plymouth. As part of this we are attempting to host a 24 hour swim at the Plymouth lido. I was wondering if the Exeter tri squad would be interested in putting a team of six together to swim for an hour? The date we are aiming for is Friday 24th June through to Saturday 25th June, 6am to 6am. We are looking to have one lane of approx 50 metres in the pool. It will in all probability be tri suit or wet suit temperature being a sea water lido. Either six people for an hour in relay or six for half an hour each. Time to suit to a certain extent with the aim being one person in the water the entire 24 hour period. Depending on the stint being completed refreshments should be available. No entry fee, but you do have to get to Plymouth. I can email sponsor forms.

The hydrotherapy pool will benefit the pupils of Downham School (check out the website for more info re the school, www.downhamschool.co.uk) also pupils in Plym Bridge nursery and childrens centre, Estover primary school and Tor Bridge High, who may need physio or hydrotherapy.

I will be looking to the PTA to provide some refreshments for swimmers and we are planning a big thankyou on the afternoon of the 25th at the school site.

Please e:mail me if you would like to get involved.

Thank you.

Michael Loveman
(chunderboys@googlemail.com)
karen
karen

Back to top Go down