Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parkrun at Killerton

2 posters

Go down

Parkrun at Killerton Empty Parkrun at Killerton

Post  Bernie E Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:15 am

Hi all,
just to let you know about a weekly 5k run event that happens at loads of venues all over the country - and it's free! Some of you may have heard of 'parkrun' I had'nt until recently and today did my first one. All the runs start at 9am Saturday and today at Killerton 85 people took part. Just register your details once, you get a barcode, print it off and bring it along. It's a great family run, young , old, fast, slow it's for everyone and loads of statistics for those that like to crunch the numbers. Could be ideal to sandwich into a bikeride.
Check it out http://www.parkrun.com/home
Bernie E
Bernie E

Back to top Go down

Parkrun at Killerton Empty Re: Parkrun at Killerton

Post  Tom Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm

I've done two of these now, both as part of long run training: jog out from town to Killerton, do the 5k at threshold pace, and run/stagger back to Exeter across the fields.

Like you say, doing them as part of a bike ride would also be good, and potentially less painful.

Both times I've ended up being a couple of minutes late for the start, and it's actually been quite nice having people to chase all the way through...

Tom

Back to top Go down