Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IM 70.3 GROUP RIDE AND RUN - BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 6th MAY

2 posters

Go down

IM 70.3 GROUP RIDE AND RUN - BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 6th MAY Empty IM 70.3 GROUP RIDE AND RUN - BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 6th MAY

Post  Charlie S Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 am

Hi all, myself and Rob Libby are running a Group Ride around the Ironman 70.3 Bike Course at Wimbleball on Bank Holiday 6th May. The ride will be approx 32 miles and will be one lap of the course ( and the leg taking you out to the loop). This will not be a fast ride but will be familiarising those competing this year or those thinking of competing in future years of the bike course. This will not be a coached session. Please ensure you bring any food/fluids and any bike spares you may need.
Following the Group ride we will take a break.....there is a Cafe on site........and then for those feeling particularly energetic we will be taking a steady jog around one circuit of the Run Course, approx 4 miles. This is not a full on brick session!....we know many will be competing in the Exe Valley on the following Sunday.
Plan is to meet up at approx 9.45 am in the Car Park at Wimbleball for a 10am start (This is a pay and display car park so please bring enough change )
Any questions please feel free to give us a call on 07815012091.
Information about Wimbleball Lake Country Park can be found at http://www.swlakestrust.org.uk/lakes-and-facilities/the-lakes/wimbleball-lake
You can view the bike and run course on the IM 70.3 website.
In the event that there is an horrendous weather forecast I will post a message on the forum on the Sunday evening.

Charlie

Charlie S

Back to top Go down

IM 70.3 GROUP RIDE AND RUN - BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 6th MAY Empty Re: IM 70.3 GROUP RIDE AND RUN - BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 6th MAY

Post  Scott Huntley Wed May 22, 2013 8:17 am

Hi guys
Any news if this is going to be happening this weekend as well. There were a few whispers it may. Unfortunately I am working the Monday but if any other days I would be keen.
Many thanks
Scott

Scott Huntley

Back to top Go down