Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cycling this weekend

2 posters

Go down

Cycling this weekend  Empty Cycling this weekend

Post  Rob Libby Sat May 04, 2013 6:53 am

Sunday non coached cycle ride on as usual 40 - 50 miles starting at 9 o'clock to get back at approximatly 12 noon meet at Haven Road opposite the climbing centre outside AS Watersports. and a reminder that there is also the Wimbleball ride and run on Monday see Charlie's previous post.

Rob Libby

Back to top Go down

Cycling this weekend  Empty Sunday Cycling 19th May 2013

Post  PaoloAsh Sat May 18, 2013 4:28 am

Hi Rob or other Sunday cycling contact - a quick question.

I'm trying to gauge whether I've got the stamina to join you for Sunday cycling.I went out this Thursday with the Tri cycle group and we covered around 20.1 miles in 1hr 11mins averaging approx 17mph. I was able to keep up on the whole but on hill sections found I would drop off the pack a bit and then cycle a bit harder to catch up. Also come the end of the 20 miles I was pretty tired. I think I could do 40 - 50 miles but if it were particularly hilly and we were averaging 17mph may struggle.

I could leave it a couple more weeks and cycle on a Thursday evening to build up my stamina. What are you thoughts about joining this Sunday?

Best wishes,
Paul.
PaoloAsh
PaoloAsh

Back to top Go down

Cycling this weekend  Empty Re: Cycling this weekend

Post  Rob Libby Sat May 18, 2013 7:20 am

We average about 15mph over the three hours nobody gets left behind and we can come up with short cuts back if required so i would say give it ago and also continue with thursdays.

Rob

Rob Libby

Back to top Go down

Post  PaoloAsh Sat May 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks, that's great. I plan to come then.
Paul.
PaoloAsh
PaoloAsh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down