Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rowcroft 1mile Sea Swim - 12th Sept Teignmouth

2 posters

Go down

Rowcroft 1mile Sea Swim - 12th Sept Teignmouth Empty Rowcroft 1mile Sea Swim - 12th Sept Teignmouth

Post  Dave B Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:02 am

Hi All

Just to make you aware that Rowcroft, the South Devon Hospice are organising a sea swim at Teignmouth on Sunday 12th September at 2pm. The course appears to be a triangular route on the left side of the pier - entry is only £10 (although you are encouraged to raise money too!)

They are also appealing for volunteers to assist with registration, refreshments etc if you can help, please call Laura on 01803 217644.

Rowcroft like many other hospices help people with life limiting illnesses and are funded entirely by charity donations and events - so if you're not racing that day why not take part and do it as some extra training

Entry forms can be found here http://www.rowcrofthospice.org.uk/how-can-you-help/events/seaswim/

Cheers

Dave B

Dave B
Dave B

http://www.tri4charity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Rowcroft 1mile Sea Swim - 12th Sept Teignmouth Empty Re: Rowcroft 1mile Sea Swim - 12th Sept Teignmouth

Post  Pinky Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:18 am

I'm not going to be in the country at the time of this swim, I am going overseas to continue my research into Motor Neurone Disease at another research institute - MND is one of the conditions that this charity helps people with.

If I were here I would have given my whole hearted support - they do a fantastic job! It's such a worthy cause, and a local charity too.

To this end if a club member is intending to do this event please post on the website and make me aware - I will make sure I get a bit of sponsorship money passed on.

Amanda

Last edited by Pinky on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Pinky

Back to top Go down

Rowcroft 1mile Sea Swim - 12th Sept Teignmouth Empty Re: Rowcroft 1mile Sea Swim - 12th Sept Teignmouth

Post  Dave B Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:09 am

Hi Amanda

I'm doing the sea swim - although i'm racing Weymouth Olympic in the morning (i must be mad!) Rowcroft is one of my two chosen charities for Ironman Lanzarote next year as they were a great help with my dad. I'm trying to do some events in the run to that to keep me motivated and kick off some fund raising - you can see my progress at www.tri4charity.co.uk - if you did want to pass any sponsorship oni'd be most grateful

regards

Dave
Dave B
Dave B

http://www.tri4charity.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down