Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aquathlon Series 2011

2 posters

Go down

Aquathlon Series 2011 Empty Aquathlon Series 2011

Post  jamesp Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:26 am

Online and postal entries are now open for next year's Aquathlon series as organised by Exeter Tri Club. Again there are four races in the series, though this year the Exmouth race has been replaced with a race at the University of Exeter. Dates for your diaries for the 2011 series are as follows.

Race 1: Dawlish - 6th February
Race 2: Sidmouth - 13th March
Race 3: Exeter Middlemoor - 17th April
Race 4: University Of Exeter - 22nd May

Standard races will consist of a 600m pool swim and 5km run. As every year there will be shorter races for novices and some races for children at Exeter Middlemoor only. To enter, please visit our events page.
jamesp
jamesp

Back to top Go down

Aquathlon Series 2011 Empty Re: Aquathlon Series 2011

Post  karen Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 am

Come on all you 'serious swimmers'! If you're a tri club member, but have yet to become a triathlete, then this may just be the first stepping stone towards it!

You have all winter to work on your running skills! If you're a beginner take it slowly - 1 min run/1 min walk ... 2 min run/1 min walk ...etc. Listen to your body, rest when you need to, and before you know it you'll be running a marathon (ok, well maybe that will take a bit more than the winter, but you know what I mean!).

So no excuses, time to enter your first Aquathlon, enjoy, get swept along by the enthusiasm of the participants and helpers, and before you know it ... you'll be doing triathlons too!

Trust me, I know! Wink

Karenx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down