Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ironman 70.3 Wimbleball 2011

2 posters

Go down

Ironman 70.3 Wimbleball 2011 Empty Ironman 70.3 Wimbleball 2011

Post  karen Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:48 am

Just wanted to wish those of you from Exeter Tri Club who are doing Wimbleball on Sunday the very best of luck. Have a great race - enjoy - and I shall look forward to hearing how you all get on Very Happy

Fingers crossed for decent weather! sunny

Karenx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Ironman 70.3 Wimbleball 2011 Empty Re: Ironman 70.3 Wimbleball 2011

Post  catcannon Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 am

Karen you beat me to it!

A very big GOOD LUCK to everyone competing and I hope I'll see some of you there.

I'd also like to say thank you to Rob, Karen, James, Andy and all those at the club who have offered advice and support since I started this triathlon malarky last September. Exeter Tri is a fantastic club and has helped me no end on my journey towards Wimbleball...

All that's left now is to pray for clear skies and no wind.

Catherine Very Happy

catcannon

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:01 am

How did everyone do?

karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  catcannon Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:33 am

Hi,
7hrs 15 (00:42/04:07/02:15). Bit slower than I'd hoped but I absolutely LOVED the whole experience. The swim was great fun, I started right at the back for fear of getting kicked & swum over, & hence it became very stop-start as I caught people & tried to overtake. But still, the most sensible option for a novice I think. Sighting went out the window as I don't think I saw a single buoy the whole way!
My first transition was a disaster & took ages - I'd made a point the day before of memorising where I'd hung each of my bags but got them the wrong way around & spend a good few minutes looking for my swim-bike blue bag in the wrong aisle.
The rest all went smoothly... the bike was a bit chilly & I could have done with another layer, but kept my spirits up by stuffing my face. Smile Finishing the bike is the best feeling... when you get to that point you know you've done it!
A great race with stunning scenery which is brilliantly organised, except for one thing... they'd run out of food in the athletes tent by the time I'd finished... and a volunteer had the cheek to say "if only you'd got here a couple of hours ago we had lots of salad sandwiches". (!!) To be fair they did give me a voucher for a nearby burger van.
To anyone who is thinking about entering next year I definitely recommend it, I'd enter again if only it wasn't so damn expensive!
Some of the Exeter Tri guys did fantastically and finished in ridiculously fast times...
A massive well done to them! :-D

catcannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down