Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cycling training

3 posters

Go down

Cycling training Empty Cycling training

Post  Graeme Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:23 am

Hi everyone!

I've just signed up to the club, so odds are you don't know me yet. I wanted to find out about cycling in the club, and I had a brief chat with a club member called Matt on Friday at the Arena about how to get involved, and he suggested I just post on here and see what responses I get!

I'm hoping to do the 75 mile Tour of Pembrokeshire in May, and as I haven't done much cycling in recent years, I think I need to get out on my bike a lot in the coming weeks to get prepared. I have a road bike, and so I'm looking for anyone else who might be up for joining me on cycles around the Exeter area on evenings or weekends. I'd be looking at doing 1-2 hours, 10-15mph seems to be my standard sort of average pace. If you want to head out with me, get in touch!

Cheers,
Graeme

Graeme

Back to top Go down

Cycling training Empty Re: Cycling training

Post  jamesp Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 am

Hi Graeme

Every thursday evening from the end of march until the end of september
a group of cyclists from the tri club cycle 20-25 miles (between one hour and a hour and a half).

The group leave County Hall in Exeter at 6pm and return in time for a swim at Middlemoor at 8pm.
Routes vary from flat to undulating. When the evenings get even lighter there will be an option to make the rides extended to up to 40 miles.

James
jamesp
jamesp

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:27 am

40 miles in an hour and half! Excellent! And back in time for swimming too! Smile
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down