Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK IM 70.3 Wimbleball - 17 June

3 posters

Go down

UK IM 70.3 Wimbleball - 17 June Empty UK IM 70.3 Wimbleball - 17 June

Post  karen Thu May 24, 2012 7:37 am

Well it's now just over 3 wks until I attempt to complete the toughest Ironman 70.3 Triathlon at Wimbleball Lake, Exmoor, in memory of my mum who died 5 years ago this July, to raise funds for Hospiscare.

This is only my 3rd season in triathlon, but I have been preparing for 12 months for this event, and will be swimming 1.2 miles, cycling a very hilly 56 miles, and if I complete that within the time limit, I shall be running 13.1 miles. I estimate this taking me about 8½ hours (if it takes longer I'm in big trouble!).

I know this doesn't sound much of a challenge for many of you, but for me, it's a biggy! Whilst I'm confident I have the stamina, most of you will know I'm not the fastest by some way, so the cut-off times will be my biggest challenge! Having said that, I will give it my best shot, and hopefully on the day, will come good!

If you feel able to support me by making a donation, I would be most grateful, and it will give me a further incentive to complete the challenge.

Please visit www.justgiving.com/KarenGutansWimbleball, or see me at swimming.

Thank you so much,
Karen x

PS: And remember I write your swim sessions Wink !! Bribery? I don't know what you mean! Twisted Evil
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

UK IM 70.3 Wimbleball - 17 June Empty link

Post  Ellie.L Thu May 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi Karen

Well done. I think it's fantastic!!!

Can't follow the link btw

Ellie

Ellie.L

Back to top Go down

UK IM 70.3 Wimbleball - 17 June Empty Re: UK IM 70.3 Wimbleball - 17 June

Post  karen Fri May 25, 2012 2:16 am

Thanks, Ellie.

Oh, you're right, the link doesn't work Crying or Very sad

Try: http://www.justgiving.com/KarenGutansWimbleball, or cut and paste it?

Nope, that doesn't work either. Weird. Ok, on my FB page. Think it'll have to be pasted in. Sorry all! I do accept cash, if that's any help!!!

Kx

karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  jamesp Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 am

jamesp
jamesp

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 am

Thank you, James. Why does your link work, and mine didn't then?!

Thank you to all who have donated so far - really, really, appreciate it. xx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 am

Just cycled one final lap round the Wimbleball bike route. Did it in good time, so I'm feeling much more confident that I WILL be an Ironman (or woman! and just Half, not a whole IM!)!

I'm overwhelmed by the fantastic response and the generous donations. Thank you everyone soooo much! Keep that sponsorship coming - the support means so much, thank you.

Karen xx

karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:39 pm

This time next week .... whoop, whoop! Can't wait! bounce

Please, please, please keep fingers crossed for dry weather!

I shall be sporting a very fetching bright orange Hospiscare t-shirt at MM this week, and will be more than happy to collect any loose change you may care to donate Laughing (Wearing a t-shirt that bright has to be worth something at least!).

Thank you everyone for your continued support - really appreciate it.

ETC is THE BEST! cheers

Kx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:43 am

Just got to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to everyone who's sponsored me for the IM 70.3 on Sunday. I was aiming to raise £500 for Hospiscare ... to date you've donated over £800! Can't believe it! THANK YOU sooo much everyone for your support. Check out www.justgiving.com/karengutanswimbleball for latest updates.

Karen Very Happy xx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:45 am

I did it! I'm an 'Ironman'! cheers

Toughest thing I've ever done - couldn't work out whether child-birth was worse or not!

Swim (1.2 miles) took 36 mins; Bike (56 miles) 4 hrs 17; Run (13.1 miles) 2 hrs 38. Total time 7 hrs 46 mins. Extremely happy to come under 8 hours - and not to get pulled out of bike leg.

Weather was perfect. Quads cramped at bottom Haddon Hill on first lap, so rest of race was trying to avoid them cramping up totally. Run was therefore extremely painful affraid - and slow! But got round in pretty good time for me!

Very pleased to have competed the toughest IM 70.3 in the world. Thank you everyone for your support and for raising a staggering £1,000 for Hospiscare. Well worth the effort! Very Happy

Kx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down