Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Ride 12th March

Go down

Saturday Ride 12th March Empty Saturday Ride 12th March

Post  andy evans1 Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:55 am

All.

I propose to go out on a ride the coming Saturday starting at 12.30pm from Exeter Arena.

This week I intend to make it a bit more challenging. From the Arena we will ride out towards Crediton through Upton Pyne so avoiding the main road. We then head towards Thorverton, turning off towards Shoobrooke which brings us out at the bottom of Cadbury Hill. It then gets interseting with a challenging climb up Cadbury Hill. The views at the top if it is a clear day make the effort worthwhile. There is then a fast descent to Bickleigh. We will turn left at the bottom of the hill and head towards Tiverton, turning at the first island and heading back to Bickleigh. The point of this last bit is to spin the legs out a bit and get a few flat miles in. We can then stop for a well earned coffee/cake at Bickleigh.

The ride home will take us through Silverton and Poltimore.

I estimate that to be about 3 hours worth of riding. The hill is a challenge-it is a category 2 climb which has featured on the Tour of Britain-but you will thank me for it later in the year when you are racing and winning.

Anyone who wants to come along let me know.

Andy Evans
andy evans1
andy evans1

Back to top Go down