Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Achiles Physiotherapist

4 posters

Go down

Achiles Physiotherapist Empty Achiles Physiotherapist

Post  v50triathlete Sat May 21, 2011 12:53 am

Can anyone recommend a good physiotherapist to fix my Achiles tendon. Its not getting better and sitting around is driving me nuts.....
v50triathlete
v50triathlete

Back to top Go down

Achiles Physiotherapist Empty Re: Achiles Physiotherapist

Post  kajenner Sat May 21, 2011 2:13 am

dave maclellon at ocean physio (woodbury / exeter uni) is pretty good.
I had to do weeks of calf raises when my achilles was bad.. slowly add weights when you do them... logic tells you to do the opposite but it really works!

kajenner

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Sat May 21, 2011 8:24 am

Hi Paul,

I also saw a physio called Dave! He works at Crediton Hospital and is NHS. I got a referral from the doctor, but also sent a covering (pleading!) letter and got seen very quickly.

Dave's excellent, is a runner himself, and an athletics coach, so understands the frustration of athletes wanting to get back to running/training asap.

I had to do 'heel drops' - 3 x 15, twice a day, adding weights (altho' didn't make any difference!), for 12 wks. I must confess to not doing the exercises exactly as told! But still did them throughout the day, and guess what - it worked!

After about 10 wks I was able to start running again - albeit slowly and gently. I was out of action for 4 months, but once I started to see Dave things started improving with his help and advice.

Good luck!

Karen
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernie E Sun May 22, 2011 12:50 am

Hi Paul,
I can recomend Neal Davey at Exeter Physio (tel:211066)- very helpful. I had scar tissue build up on the tendon and he's managed to reduce it, a lot of work to do at home though. Give me a ring if you want the gory details....I mean any info.

Bernie
07753 660981.
Bernie E
Bernie E

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down