Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swim Sessions at Middlemoor

Go down

Swim Sessions at Middlemoor Empty Swim Sessions at Middlemoor

Post  karen Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 am

Apologies for the less than favourable numbers in lanes at last nights swim session (Mon 12th Nov), but thank you for your patience and understanding. It is great that the sessions are so popular, but means we are pushed to the limit as far as numbers are concerned. I feel that 6 adults per lane is really the maximum we can comfortably have, and whilst I know we are working primarily on drills at the moment, I think we should really stick with 6 per lane. I hate to have to turn people away, especially when they are regulars, but if we start allowing more than our max per lane, then where will it stop?

Our aim is to provide a good quality coached training session for our members, at an affordable cost to all. If we cram the lanes full, I do not feel I can provide the quality of session that will benefit you.

I will look again into other options for pool hire elsewhere (I do not think we will be able to get any more pool time at Middlemoor). I am making enquiries at the West of England School. We may be able to use Crediton pool on a Friday evening, 8-9pm, but last time I offered this, there was little interest. If you think you would be able to attend a regular session in Crediton then please let me know. If there is enough interest, then it may be an option. Ideally though, I think as an Exeter-based triathlon club, we really should be looking for pool space in Exeter.

If anyone has any contacts at the pools in Exeter, public or private, then please let me know. The only evening we don't have any training is a Tuesday, so maybe 7-9pm?

Please feel free to message me with any thoughts ideas etc. Maybe together we can crack this?! confused

Thanks again for your patience.

Karen
karengutans@orange.net

PS: Please note that I can arrive no earlier than 15 mins before a session, so no-one can sign in before that time. Please don't start queueing poolside before then or I fear we'll get complaints and jeopardise our arrangement at MM! Thank you.

karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Swim Sessions at Middlemoor Empty Re: Swim Sessions at Middlemoor

Post  karen Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:44 am

Please register for the 7pm session on Mondays in the corridor. I will attempt to be there by 6.40pm. Please do not go poolside until you've signed in. Can I also remind swimmers that they should be signing in for themselves only - no matter how much money someone's given them!

I have been in contact with Pyramids, Northbrook and St Lukes regarding additional pool time, and am waiting to hear back from them. Possible options are Saturday evening, or 7-8am on a weekday morning (Mon/Tue or Thur). We may be able to offer a separate children's session, maybe at Northbrook. We will also need to consider how we are going to pay for the extra costs this will incur and this will be discussed at our AGM on 8th January (details of AGM will follow).

Can I also remind members that they need to make sure their membership has been renewed by 1st January 2013 so that they are covered by insurance and can still attend the pool sessions. If you've not renewed, then I'm afraid you won't be able to swim with us Crying or Very sad .

Do feel free to message me if you have any thoughts/ideas about our pool sessions.

Thanks,

Karen
karen
karen

Back to top Go down