Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swim Sessions - Cycle 1

Go down

Swim Sessions - Cycle 1 Empty Swim Sessions - Cycle 1

Post  karen Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Well, it's now October, and most of you will have finished your racing for this season. I hope you enjoyed your races and got the results you deserved.

October is usually a quiet month at training sessions as people take some well-earned time off from their normal training pattern. Swim sessions will be a little quiet - but no doubt will go mad after Christmas affraid !

October - December is THE BEST time to come to the swim sessions! We will be working primarily on TECHNIQUE, and without good technique, swimming will be an uphill battle No .

So, bring along your kickboard, pullbuoy, and most essential, fins, plus a drink, and get that technique sorted. Once we hit January, those of you who have been coming for a while know that the intensity goes up, and without good technique, everything can easily fall apart!

You have been warned! See you at training bounce 

Karen

PS: I'm ordering some Finis Paddles from Swim Smooth shortly (http://www.swimsmooth.com/finis_freestyler.html). Price is £14, but we get a discount for bulk orders - and the more we order the bigger the discount Very Happy . If you'd like me to order you a pair, let me know asap.
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Swim Sessions - Cycle 1 Empty Re: Swim Sessions - Cycle 1

Post  karen Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Well October is drawing to an end, which can mean only one thing - your post-season rest and recovery is OVER Sleep  ! Time to start winter training, and where better to start than back in the pool working on that technique?! cheers 

Starting next week (w/c 4 November), we will work in depth on our Swim Smooth drills, hopefully finding someone who can demonstrate them correctly! We will be doing the same session at both the Middlemoor sessions each week, and if numbers start to rise may I suggest that you attend just one coached session with me, and do your other session elsewhere please? This way all members have a better chance of attending one coached session (I hate having to turn people away when we reach capacity - 36 swimmers). I am happy to send you the swim set if you e:mail me (I can't guarantee I'll remember if you ask, so e:mail's better!).

Rob Libby also offers a coached swim session at Newton Abbot Leisure Centre (Dyrons), Highweek Road , Newton Abbot TQ12 2SH, Tuesdays, 8.30-9.30pm (be poolside to start promptly at 8.30pm). Cost is £3.50 (I think), or free if you are a full member of Newton Abbot Leisure Centre. Rob uses the same swim sets that we use at MM, so this session could be another option for those of you living in this area.

We are still looking for additional pool time in the Exeter area. Pyramids are still refusing to hire to any more clubs Evil or Very Mad If anyone has any contact/influence with Exeter City Council, maybe they could have a word on our behalf please? We are looking for an early morning slot, 6.30-7.30am ideally.

Would there be any interest in having a session in Crediton (Lords Meadow Leisure Centre)? Maybe a Tuesday evening 8.30-9.30pm, or a Mon or Tues morning, 7-8am or 8-9am? Maybe Saturday 7-7.45am?

Karen

karengutans@orange.net
karen
karen

Back to top Go down