Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training in the snow

2 posters

Go down

Training in the snow Empty Training in the snow

Post  Nik Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi, swimming is fine, the turbo will do for now but I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting increasingly frustrated at not being able to run without risking slipping. Has anyone discovered somewhere in Exeter that has a decent section of snow and ice free paths. I know some of you are beach running but for those of us short of time this isn't an option. Thanks.

Nik

Back to top Go down

Training in the snow Empty Running in the snow

Post  Ged Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 pm

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Hi Nik, you need to get some good off road running shoes and hed out for the trials, or better still briddle paths/footpaths across the fields the softer the better. You should be doing most of your runs off road at this time of the year anyhow. Build up some strength come next season you'll be flying. I'm having a bit of a break! Crying or Very sad (you may have heard) at the mo, so am not having any training problems what so ever! rendeer
Cheers Ged.
Ged
Ged

Back to top Go down

Training in the snow Empty Re: Training in the snow

Post  Nik Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks. That's the problem though I have trail shoes but because of work and kids I train at night so I can't do off road. I found some ice free paths around Wonford/Heavitree last night while my son was at the leisure centre
Hope your injuries are healing well!

Nik

Back to top Go down

Training in the snow Empty Re: Training in the snow

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down