Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter Monday Club Social Ride

3 posters

Go down

Easter Monday Club Social Ride Empty Easter Monday Club Social Ride

Post  jamesp Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:33 pm

This is for all those who would like to go out for a steady long-ish social club ride on Easter Monday.

Now that Thursday rides are well under away, its about time we also resumed club rides on a Sunday…Though the first one of the season will take place on a Monday (as it’s a bank holiday weekend).

Meet at Exeter Arena, this Easter Monday at 10am….. "come rain or shine!"

We will do a route from here which will be between 20-30 miles or so. Depending on how many people turn up we may go out as one group or split off into two groups for shorter and longer distances (or a slow and fast group if you like). A good way through the ride we can stop for tea, coffee or a refreshing cold drink at a suitable place.

Throughout the season on most Sundays there will be a club social ride. ..I have a route in mind for the first one, but if you have any good suggestions of routes from Exeter Arena or from anywhere else (within a short drive from Exeter) which has good parking facilities, then please let us know.

If you cant make this one, you can come along to the next planned club ride, which will be next Sunday (11th April) going from Sidmouth Leisure Centre, at about 12.30 soon after the Aquathlon presentations.

Please remember these wont be coached sessions but more of an informal social ride with fellow club members.

Any other questions or suggestions, please reply here or contact James P 07771985904. 
jamesp
jamesp

Back to top Go down

Easter Monday Club Social Ride Empty Re: Easter Monday Club Social Ride

Post  Pinky Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:46 am

James - fantastic idea! I will certainly be along to some of the future rides that start nearer to Exeter, I hope this takes off!

Amanda

Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  karen Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:29 am

That was brill! bounce

Thank you, James, for organising it. Thanks to Dave for all his help sorting my bike, and cycling advise, not to mention the drafting! Not sure I enjoyed being pushed so hard though Evil or Very Mad !!! LOL! Thanks to Nicky and Lynn for allowing me to draft behind them too, and the words of encouragement!

Great ride, great company, bring on the next one Very Happy (and maybe I'll get a road bike soon too! - any advise on what I should be getting would be appreciated! Thanks).

Karenx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down