Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exe Valley Triathlon-Thanks

2 posters

Go down

Exe Valley Triathlon-Thanks Empty Exe Valley Triathlon-Thanks

Post  andy evans1 Sun May 16, 2010 2:08 am

Everyone.

A bit belatedly I wanted to say thank you to all the marshalls who helped out last week. I have only just got round to it as I didn't really want to think about Exe Valley Triathlon this week.

I know it was quite cold out there so I am doubly grateful to you all. I think Ged had the answer to the cold weather brewing up coffee and soup at the black cat. Maybe he can do mobile catering next year.

I can't mention everyone by name as there are so many of you but Mike Griffin and Stuart Veen did a great job taking a load off my shoulders organising the bike and run sections. Also Rob was a great help sacrificing his own race to organise behind the scenes. Roger got transition up and running and Barrie and Karen (ably assisted by Wendy Ayshford) kept the swim waves running to time so it all went off smoothly.

The registration team worked under a little pressure early on but overcame that to get competitors registered and marked smoothly.

In some ways those were easier jobs than the rest of you who had to stand in one place in bitterly cold weather, you all deserve a big vote of thanks. Can club members whose spouses/friends/children helped pass on my thanks to them too.

Big thanks also to the people who helped set up on Saturday morning. Thanks to a little organisation and much hard work we were done within an hour and half.

I have had a few e-mails this week from happy competitors saying how much they enjoyed the race-many mentioned how friendly and helpful the marshalls were. You all helped to make Exe Valley the best race in the South West and Exeter Tri Club the Club of the year.

Thanks again.

Andy Evans
andy evans1
andy evans1

Back to top Go down

Exe Valley Triathlon-Thanks Empty Re: Exe Valley Triathlon-Thanks

Post  karen Sun May 16, 2010 3:21 am

Very Happy
You're welcome, Andy. Great weekend, thanks again for all your hard work.

Kxx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down