Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT NOTICE Re: M/moor Pool

Go down

IMPORTANT NOTICE Re: M/moor Pool Empty IMPORTANT NOTICE Re: M/moor Pool

Post  karen Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 pm

All

I had the e:mail below forwarded to me today from another source, but I don't think it is aimed at us, otherwise I'd have received it direct from m/moor and had my knuckes rapped!, but thought you should all be aware of it.

Karen Gutans
ASA Level 3 Swim Coach
Exeter Tri Club

'Ladies and Gents,

Last Friday I found the walls/ceiling in the passageway that lead from the male changing to the pool covered/sprayed in a red sticky liquid. It covered a large area and was quite clearly no accident. I have no doubt that some mindless individual has seen it necessary to decorate the walls and parts of the ceiling with this drink, leaving a mess for our cleaner to deal with.

Children from schools are not allowed to take drink in and I know that many of our clubs/groups/users do not have a need for this liquid. This leaves only a couple of clubs who have swimmers that use this drink.

As of now these drinks are banned in the Middlemoor pool, I will only accept water as a hydrating drink. Furthermore, please note anyone in your group who you know uses this drink. I want to be reassured that you have spoken to these individuals and explained why this drink is banned. Should I catch anyone taking this drink into the pool than I will ban them.

We also have other mindless individuals who have fun throwing wet paper on to the ceilings in the showers, this also has to be addressed. Please speak to your groups and remind them that bad behaviour will not be tolerated on this site

I am sorry to have to address this e-mail to all of you when quite clearly it is down to only a few culprits but I have to be seen to be impartial and I cannot apportion blame without proof.

Best regards
Sammy Spall
Exercise Facilities Manager
Wellness, Exercise & Lifestyle Unit
Police Headquarters
Middlemoor
Exeter
EX2 7HQ'

Please don't let this put you off bringing a drink - it's vitally important that you remain hydrated during your swim training sessions as dehydration severely affects performance (- you have no excuses!). K
karen
karen

Back to top Go down