Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for tri wetsuit-advice?

2 posters

Go down

Looking for tri wetsuit-advice? Empty Looking for tri wetsuit-advice?

Post  jorabineau Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi,
I would like to join on the sea swim but I only have a surfing wet suit and I am looking to get a proper tri wetsuit.
Any recommendation on what and where from. I have to be on a small budget, but would rather spend a little bit more than to buy something cheap and rubbish so any advice???
If anybody wanted to sell one second hand, that would be my best option!
I probably have met a few people at swimming or running, but for those of you who dont know me, I'm female, about 5'2'' (1m60) and probably size 12-14...depending how generous I feel with myself on the day....and the make of clothing!!!
Thanks for letting me know
Jo

jorabineau

Back to top Go down

Looking for tri wetsuit-advice? Empty Re: Looking for tri wetsuit-advice?

Post  Pinky Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Have you considered hiring one for the season? You can do that reasonably cheaply, and often have an option to buy it at a reduced rate at the end. There are places you can do it in Exeter, therefore you can try it on for size too. It'll likely be an entry level suit, but should, with care, last you a few seasons. By that time, you should know if you want to stay in the sport and invest more money.

I know there are places you can order them to be delivered (TriUK do a service I think) but you can't try them on first. But it is another option.

Pinky

Back to top Go down