Exeter Tri Club - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Swim Training

2 posters

Go down

Winter Swim Training Empty Winter Swim Training

Post  karen Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:09 am

Hi

I'm having loads of trouble with e:mail so thought I'd post on here for the time being. Rob/Sue/anyone if you have a list of e:mail addresses, please could you forward this message on to anyone who is not on the forum please? Thanks.

Firstly, a very big THANK YOU to all who supported and sponsored me for the Hospiscare 1-mile-swim on 26 September. The water was a cool 16.7 degrees (brrr!), and I completed the swim in 39 mins (don’t laugh! I was admiring the scenery ;D!!). I have raised about £600 for Hospiscare, which is fantastic as we are meant to be in a recession, so thank you very very much to those who were able to make a donation, it is very much appreciated.

Ok, back to Tri swim training. Most of you will now have completed your tri season. I hope it went well for you, and that you learnt from your experiences and can put that knowledge to good use next year.

We will now be taking things a little easier in the pool. Rest and recovery time – give your body and break and let it have chance to recover! Over the coming months, until about Christmas, we will be working on improving our swimming technique. This will be through drills/kick and pull, with low intensity work, and long reps. During this time you should SLOW DOWN AND CONCENTRATE ON EFFICIENT TECHNIQUE AND STREAMLINING! Relax and enjoy! You may also swim in whichever lane you wish, but remember, we are not looking for speed at this time, but good technique and movement through the water.

Please note that on Mondays there are 2 sessions, the first at 7pm, which is always pretty busy, plus a second at 8pm, which is currently very quiet. It you are able to come to the 8pm session, this would be helpful to even out numbers. NB: If your normal lane is full at 7pm, you will have to swim in another lane for that session. Thursdays session is at 8pm as usual.

Please remember to bring £1, plus your swim kit (ie: kick board, pullbuoy, fins and paddles if you have them), plus a DRINK (compulsory and not optional! Very Happy).

If you have any questions or ideas/feedback, e:mail me, or speak to me at training.

See you soon,

Karenx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Winter Swim Training Empty new e:mail address

Post  karen Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:49 am

Hi

Please note my new e:mail address is:

karengutans@orange.net

Thanks,

Kx
karen
karen

Back to top Go down

Winter Swim Training Empty Swim training 8th Feb

Post  haldonspeedy12345 Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:26 am

Hi,

Am new to Exeter Tri Club and was wondering if there is a swim session on tonight as id like to come along and get started.

Could anybody let me know the details?

Many thanks.

Alex

haldonspeedy12345

Back to top Go down

Winter Swim Training Empty Re: Winter Swim Training

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down